Thursday, October 20, 2016

Accused



24402444

Accused: My Fight for Truth, Justice & the Strength  to Forgive By Tonya Craft

The story of an ordinary woman who on May 30, 2008, was accused of a horrible crime: molesting three children--friends and classmates of her own children.  Tonya knew she was innocent, but unfortunately the truth offered little protection.  With frightening speed Tonya was arrested and charged with 22 counts of child molestation.  The situation seemed hopeless, but somehow she found the strength to fight.  This book is about more than Tonya's shocking trial and fight for justice.  It is also an example of undying love, faith, and forgiveness.

I found that this book was simply fascinating.  At first I chose to read this book because it looked interesting and I was especially curious about how she was able to forgive despite such awful circumstances.  I wasn't expecting to be drawn in and feel like I was experiencing the whole situation alongside Tonya.  It was devastating to hear how the legal system failed so completely for her, and how she had to fight to prove her innocence, rather than innocent until proven guilty.  Overall it was a good book and I came away with more than I thought I would.

You can find this book in the nonfiction section of the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment