Tuesday, September 8, 2020

The Anatomy of Peace

 

The Anatomy of Peace    by: The Arbinger Institute

 

A book that inspires hope and reconciliation through a moving story of parents who are struggling with their own children and with problems that have come to consume their lives, we learn from once bitter enemies, Yusaf al-Falah, an Arab, and Avi Rozen, a Jew, each lost his father at the hands of the other's ethnic cousins, the way to transform personal, professional, and global conflicts, even when war is upon us.

I listened to this book on Overdrive, but wish I had my own copy to see the diagrams they drew and write notes in the margin. At first I thought it was going to be a book about the troubled children, but is was actually a lesson for the parents on a way to turn their heart of war to a heart of peace. I hope to put the things I learned into practice in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment