Friday, June 19, 2020

It Worked For Me

 It Worked For Me:  In Life and Leadership


Colin Powell, one of America's most admired public figures, reveals the principles that have shaped his life and career in this inspiring and engrossing memoir. It is a trove of wisdom for anyone hoping to achieve their goals and turn their dreams into reality. A message of strength and endurance from a man who has dedicated his life to public service. It is a book with the power to show readers everywhere how to achieve a more fulfilling life and career. (from the catalog description)

I listened to this book on Overdrive, although sometimes I wished I had a hard copy to look back at what was just read. It was read by Colin Powell, which I liked since he is a public speaker and it is his book. He was a public figure I remember dealing with crisis that involved my brother who was serving in the Navy at that time. He always seemed very confident and calm, something we needed. It was interesting to hear his experiences and take some of his words and want to use them in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment