Monday, August 15, 2016

The Queen's Poisoner

The Queen's Poisoner by Jeff Wheeler

This is the first book in the Kingfountain Series. At only the age of  seven, Owen is sent away from his home to live in the King's palace where he must learn how to survive the politics of the kingdom. Owen is not a guest of the king, but a hostage who is being held as ransom while the king determines the fate of his family. He soon makes a few friends as well as a few enemies in the castle, but somehow he needs to find a way to outwit the king and keep his family alive.

Although this book had some intrigue, I could not get very involved in it. I did finish the book because I wanted to see how it ended, but it took me a long time to read because it just did not keep me captivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment