Wednesday, January 20, 2016

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight



The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
By Jennifer E. Smith

     I picked this book to read for two reasons. First, I wanted to choose a YA book and second, I liked the title. I don't usually fall for quick-read romance books. You know, the ones that all have the same plot: boy meets girl, they part, then end up together again. Boring. And told way too often. Well, okay this book is something like that, but it's unique in the way it's told. So I have to admit, I did like this one.
    The story begins when two people meet on a flight from New York to London, sit together, talk for hours and eventually go their own way: one to a wedding, one to a funeral. Within 24 hours, both come to terms with dysfunctional families, unusual relationship situations, and whether or not love at first sight truly exists. I'm not convinced the two teenagers could reasonably handle all that they faced with so much logic and bravery especially riding the London tube on their own for the first time, but I did appreciate their maturity and gumption. 
    It's a good read for one of those rainy afternoons when you're in the mood for a good love story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment