Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Mistborn Trilogy


The Mistborn Trilogy 
By Brandon Sanderson

     This trilogy is a great story! I'm not a big fantasy reader, but I'm so glad I gave this book a shot.  The setting, characters, plot, and really cool magic system held me captive during the entire duration of the story.  One element that I really liked was the author's ability to reveal things slowly, and in a way that made me smile and think, "How did I NOT see this coming?!"
     What initially drew me to this book was the premise of what if the "bad" guys were right?  While that was an important part, the themes of consequence, loyalty, and being true to oneself while making difficult choices were what makes this story so great.
     Lastly, I loved that the trilogy is really just one VERY well planned out tale.  From the beginning to end, and all the pieces of the puzzle reveal themselves and come to rest in place.  The tale is neatly wrapped up in the end, and as I finished it, I thought, " I want to read this again!!" 





No comments:

Post a Comment