Monday, October 5, 2015

Court of Fives



Court of Fives by Kate Elliott

Jessamy's father is an upper-class patron and her mother is a commoner, which leaves her not fitting into either of their worlds. To make matters worse, her one goal and dream is to compete in a game of Fives, an intricate, multilevel athletic competition. But doing so would destroy her father and ruin any kind of chance her family has to fitting into the world of the upper-class.

I felt like there was a lot of potential in this book. The author was able to develop the main characters in the book and I really liked how the friendship started between Jes and Kalliarkos.  The plot was a little confusing, it was never clear why the bad guy in this story was so intent on destroying Jes’s family. I also thought that Jes’s father made some very questionable decisions…I don’t really care what position he was put in.  Overall, I did enjoy the book and will read the second one.

No comments:

Post a Comment