Monday, March 4, 2013

These is my Words




These is my Words, The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901, by Nancy E. Turner.

This was one of those books that I could not put down, and when I finished it, I was sad that it was over and wished I had not read it so fast. I was immediately drawn into the story and into Sarah's head. The story is written in a way that really brings the characters to life and makes you cry when they cry and celebrate when they celebrate.

Sarah Prine's story begins on a wagon trail going to Arizona with her family. In diary format, the book follows the story of her life over the course of twenty years, from 1881-1901. We see her struggles on the wagon trail, loss of family, tyring to settle a new land, marry, have children and try and make a better life for herself and her family.

Definitely one my favorites list! This is one of those books you really need to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment